WELCOME TO OLPH PRE-SCHOOL
The OLPH Pre-School program is play-based and designed to allow children to grow as individuals at all levels. We strive to create a positive and challenging environment where all children can be successful and happy. We have an open-enrollment policy throughout the school year to allow students who turn 3 or 4 after school starts to begin a pre-school program.
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, a Roman Catholic elementary school, is part of the educational ministry of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish. We are committed to the development of the whole child, through faith formation, academic excellence, and Christian values, in order to help our children live out the Gospel message.
Children will learn the importance of loving God, themselves, their families, their friends, and all living things. Children will be taught to take good care of God’s earth and the gifts God has given us.
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP PRE-SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Pre-School is committed to providing a rich and creative learning environment based on the theories and philosophy of “The Creative Curriculum.”
- Positive, supportive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning. Teachers will observe children purposefully and regularly. All children’s ideas will be encouraged especially their efforts to solve problems and think critically.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success. Children will be given responsibilities and meaningful jobs in the classroom. Children will be taught to understand their own and others feelings; regular and express their emotions appropriately; build relationships with others and behave pro socially in groups. Taking-turns, sharing, and cooperation will be modeled by the teacher.
We enroll 3 and 4 year olds, with a maximum of 14 in a class.
The 3-year-old program is:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 – 11:00.
The 4-year-old program has four options:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00a – 11:00a
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday all-day
- Monday through Friday 8:00a – 11:00a
- Monday through Friday all-day
In addition, we offer an extended daycare program for 1 hour prior to school and up to 3 hours after school.
If you request further information, please contact the school office at 419-382-5696 or e-mail.